Do you love being outdoors and want to lend your helping hands to keep our publicly accessible areas clean and beautiful? We’d love your help!
- Every other week – Mowing and weed whacking the grass in the Resource House back yard, in front of the silo, along the snake fence and the picnic table area near the Bald Eagle statue.
- Every other week – Mowing the grass in the education garden and seating areas at the Springbank Gardens
- Every other week – doing a walk-through of the parking lots at Lamb’s Inn, ECO Centre, new Springbank parking lot and North House parking lot to pick up any stray garbage.
- Weeding the front garden and planter boxes at Lamb’s Inn and Resource House
We are asking volunteers to commit a bi-weekly or weekly commitment
2-4 hour shifts
- General knowledge and recognition of both flowers and vegetables depending on location.
- General knowledge of weed control and organic gardening.
- Basic gardening skills or a general interest in gardening.
- Be able to work independently.
Ability to work outdoors
No prior training is required, but some additional training may be provided on-site by the Garden Coordinator (will vary based on location).
- Assisting the rare Charitable Research Reserve with maintaining various gardens around the property.
- Ability to work outdoors.
- Ability to meet and work with other volunteers, members of the community and rare, while still able to work independently.
- Allows for a more flexible schedule to suit individual needs of the volunteer.
Applicants should email
rare Charitable Research Reserve