rare Community BioBlitz Event Volunteer
Join us at the rare BioBlitz as we search the 900+ acres of diverse habitat for all the species that call this important space home. No matter your level of expertise, you can survey for birds, mammals, insects, reptiles, amphibians, plants and more! Opportunities abound to learn and explore at this FREE event, with the Centre for Biodiversity Genomics onsite prepping unknown species for DNA barcode identification.
We are asking volunteers to assist with various tasks throughout the event. Saturday July 15th 2017- Sunday July 16th 2017 Flexible, up to 8hour shifts
Family friendly with activities for kids, help make your mark by discovering something new at rare!
Free BBQ and entertainment included.
- General event helping hands
- Staff registration table, health and safety table, equipment tent, children’s activity booth, etc
- Food & beverage preparation
- Data compilation
- Various other tasks as needed
- Personable and committed with well-developed organizational skills
- Experience working at events is desired but not necessary
- CPR/First Aid training an asset
- Spending time outdoors on rare property
- Develop experience in event organization and implementation
- Be a part of a unique event to document biodiversity in Waterloo Region
Applicants should email
rare Charitable Research Reserve